Sunday, August 29, 2010

Words that rhyme with DUCK.

Over the summer I have been working on a project which went through several facelifts before evolving into what now involves getting others to offer up their personal memories associated with food.

Here are two pieces I completed this weekend.



The first one made me decide that I never want to do any art like it, ever again. My fingers hurt from holding an exacto knife for 5 hours, and the precision required to make it look good was just too much. After completion, I decided the one good thing that came out of it is that I could cross off one media from my list of potential techniques to use during this coming (and FINAL) year of school.

Then the second one happened.



I started looking around the websites of some of my favourite artists that do hand drawn type, as I needed to apply some sort of text after the portrait was complete.

Now, I'm pretty sure I will definitely use the exacto knife + coloured paper = cool stencil effect many times again.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. haha i completely hear you on the exacto knife business. before going into textiles and actually knowing how to silk screen, i did a fair amount of stencils using cardstock and exacto, some were intensely detailed and ornate, you have to admit though it was good practice with the damn thing huh :)

    ReplyDelete